Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Grandmaster Flash - The Message - Vinyl label mistake

I was flipping through my vinyl albums last night and was surprised to find that I have "The Message" by Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five. I have a greatest hits CD of theirs (that I foolishly have hardly ever listened to) and a remix of The Message on another album that I listen to a lot and love. But totally forgot I had an LP. It's on the Sugar Hill label, SH 268 from 1982.

So I put it on and was looking at the cover while listening. I discovered that the track list on the album cover lists 4 tracks on side A, but the sticker on side A of the album only lists 3, it doesn't have "Scorpio". The track is on the record, so the sticker is wrong. Sometimes releases that have mistakes become valuable. I searched the Internet and couldn't find any reference to it though, so maybe its no big deal. Add to that the fact that the cover and record are in pretty poor condition, and its probably worth just the few dollars I probably paid for it. But if anyone knows differently, let me know!  Here's the pics.

No comments: