Thursday, May 10, 2007

Playlist - 05/10/2007 - Dave Wakeling


Today was one of my favorite shows I've done, and the "Space Show" was one too, so its been a good few weeks. The highlight today was being able to air an interview with Dave Wakeling, lead singer of one of my favorite all-time bands, The English Beat. I've uploaded it as an MP3, so listen to it here!. Dave was a great guy and I really enjoyed talking to him. I can't wait to see English Beat perform at Harrah's tomorrow!

Then I played several English Beat songs and other ska songs. And....I played the song timber, which is a great song, but an even greater video:

Did I mention I've been spending a lot of time on YouTube lately :-)

Congrats to all the ticket winners! And I had lots of callers today, and a studio visit from Howard. Thanks to everyone! Hope to see you at the show!

10:00
the housemartins - happy hour
the cure - close to me
english beat - save it for later
the specials - rudi, message to you
(dave wakeling interview)
english beat - twist and crawl
groove armada - but i feel good
cornershop - motion the 11
les nubians (feat. talib kwali) - temperature rising
oakenfold - zoo york

11:00
erasure - take a chance on me
duran duran - rio
fishbone - slow bus movin'
english beat - i confess
matt bianco - yeh yeh
coldcut - timber
dj shadow - outsider intro
dj shadow - this time (i'm gonna try it my way)
nikodemus & mariano - (212) intro (from turntables on the hudson vol. 2)
philip aupperle - pamplemousse (from turntables on the hudson vol. 2)
propellerheads - velvet pants
the orb - earth (gaia)

No comments: