Thursday, May 17, 2007

Playlist - 05/17/2007

The English Beat show was great! It's so fun to go to a concert where you know the band's every single song. That doesn't happen for me too often. And they're all great songs. And Dave Wakeling is very cool, I got to say hi to him after the show, which I also don't normally do. So it was a great time!

Today I played some electronic favorites and half of a EuroHit 40. I would've liked to play this funny fake-German song by the Tygorz that my brother sent me a link to, but it seems not quite FCC acceptable. Although he heard it on the radio which made us wonder why they think they can play it and I think we can't. The definition of obscene material is open to the FCC's interpretation, so I guess its just up to each DJ/station to decide how risky they think certain material is. I really didn't need to play it that bad, so definitely not worth the risk for me.

Oh yes, also check out Moby's Body Rock video!

10:00
air - talisman
moby - body rock
the avalanches - since i left you + like a rolling stone
stranger cole - rough and tough
the specials - ghost town
ananda shankar - streets of calcutta
yothu yindi - gapu (from quango world groove)
enigma - invisible love
dick hyman - topless dancers of corfu
perrey & kingsley - barnyard in orbit
mum - the ghosts you draw on my back

11:00
van halen - you really got me
the kinks - all day and all of the night
the clash - should i stay or should i go
lcd soundsystem - north american scum
eurohit40, part 1, march 2007
romanowski - romjack steady
the chemical brothers - denmark
daft punk - da funk

No comments: